These terms were revised on: 31-7-2015.
MaxClass is a digital infrastructure, website and service that can be accessed through the domain www.maxclass.com or other domains, but also entails other connected (mobile-) services and products.
You are permitted to use MaxClass when the following terms and conditions, the privacy policies and the code of conduct are fully accepted. MaxClass reserves the right to refuse access to MaxClass or to parts of MaxClass, if you do not fully accept the letter and spirit of these terms.
- MaxClass is a trademark of Maximonster Interactive Things, registered in Amsterdam at the Chamber of Commerce number 50474324.
1. An account, class or school on MaxClass
- You may only register an account for yourself with your real name and real profile photo or you may register an account for a child with his or her real name and real profile picture if you are one of the parents or an official guardian or teacher of that child.
- It is mandatory that your personal information, including your e-mail address, profile photo and phone number are correct and remain correct at all times even if you have stopped actively using the system.
- You can only invite people to create an account and join a class or school when people have been informed and do not object to the invitation.
- If you add a new class or school, it must either be a real class or school with the correct name or a virtual class or school. If you are registering an existing real class or school, you must be authorized to do so by the teacher of the class or management of that school.In all cases the information that you supply must be correct and complete. It is possible that we will refuse a school if it does not match the objectives of MaxClass.
- MaxClass reserves the right to remove user names or names of schools and classes if they infringe on rights (including trademark rights) of others.
- If the management of an existing ('real') school, wishes to take control over the school in MaxClass or over the classes of that school in MaxClass, they will only be allowed to do so after supplying proof to MaxClass Support.
2. Licenses for schools
- MaxClass offers schools a free license (Max Free) and premium licenses (other licenses). MaxClass may change its policies about licenses and the features included under a specific license may change at any time.
- A license may only be bought by an individual either working for or legally representing the school.
- Managers of already existing classes need to accept the license before the school manager / administrator can go into this class. Classes that do not seem to belong to the school, may be removed from the school or moved to another school by MaxClass Support.
- MaxClass has the right to deny license requests.
- A company, school or individual may only create one free plan. It is not allowed to create more than one free MaxClass-school connected to an existing school.
- Classes in a school which has a free license, are managed by the individual class managers. MaxClass Support checks classes and has the right to refuse individual classes in the school.
- Licenses run per year from the moment they were activated.
- An invoice needs to be paid within 30 days. If the invoice is not paid the license will be deactivated.
- You can downgrade at any time. The downgrade will be effective immediately. If you downgrade within the 30 days, the invoice will be canceled.
- MaxClass will not refund licenses.
- Prices are in Euro’s or US Dollars excluding VAT, if applicable.
- Invoices are sent out by Maximonster Interactive Things.
3. Using MaxClass
You may use MaxClass as long as:
- your behavior does not conflict with any law, regulation, ordinance or other applicable law;
- you do not enter, upload or share any type of information that is protected by copyright laws.
- you do not use MaxClass for commercial purposes without the consent of MaxClass.
- you are over 16 or have permission from your parents or a teacher of your school.
- you fully accept the Privacy Policies. See: www.maxclass.com/privacy
- you fully accept the Code of Conduct.See: www.maxclass.com/conduct
- you do not use the system in any unexpected or inappropriate way.
- you never try and log in with any other name and password than your own.
4. Responsibility and liability
- MaxClass provides an infrastructure to publish information and communicate with others. MaxClass is not responsible for the content of the information or the content of communication.
- MaxClass is committed to a secure and reliable platform. MaxClass is however in no way responsible for any direct or indirect damage caused by errors by the system or staff, abuse by users or failures of the system.
WE ARE PROVIDING MAXCLASS "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT MAXCLASS WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. MAXCLASS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR." WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR MAXCLASS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR MAXCLASS WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, MAXCLASS’s LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
5. Posting and sharing information
- You may only upload, enter or share information* through MaxClass when you are sure you are the rightful owner of this information or have permission to use it.
- The copyright on information that you enter remains with the owner. MaxClass is not liable for any damages caused by others using copyrighted information without permission.
- Once you post or share information, you give MaxClass permission to use this information and distribute it worldwide in the environment that you have specified (eg group, class, school, public). This permission ends when you delete the information unless someone else has shared information and has not removed it or automated systems have copied the information (e.g. caching or backup).
- Due to technical reasons such as backup and data integrity, deleted information may be stored invisibly or visibly or stored for monitoring reasons.
- MaxClass appreciates feedback and suggestions. Thanks to people giving feedback we are able to improve the system. We do not however pay for feedback or external support unless this has been agreed on in writing.
- These terms and conditions, privacy policies and code of conduct replace any earlier version.
- MaxClass will send you messages via the system, e-mail or other messaging system about changes to the system or to these terms.
- These terms are transferable and remain applicable following changes to the structure of MaxClass such as mergers, acquisitions or changes of name or purpose.
- These terms remain valid, even if one or more articles have not been enforced or enforced consistently.
- MaxClass reserves the right to terminate your account or parts of the functionality, if this is necessary for the overall speed or stability of the system.
We hope you enjoy using MaxClass and that it really helps. If you have any question what so ever, please ask!
Information: text, graphics, sound, video or any other type of data either entered, uploaded or shared through MaxClass.
System: the technological infrastructure that is used to offer MaxClass as a service.
Existing or real school: a registered educational organization in one or more countries.